Chief Dan Trelka was appointed to the position as the Waterloo Chief of Police in May of 2010. He started his career as a deputy sheriff in Weld County, Colorado from 1990-1992. Following that he was a member of the Sturgeon Bay (Wisconsin) Police Department from 1992-2010, where he served as Chief of Police from 2003 until coming to the Waterloo Police Department.
He is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
- Board Member, Black Hawk Consolidated Communications
- Board Member, Black Hawk County Criminal Justice Information System
- Board Member, Black Hawk County 911 Service Board
- Board Member, Tri-County Drug Enforcement Task Force
Special Points of Interest
- Associate's Degree, Police Science- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College in Green Bay, WI
- Bachelor's Degree, Criminal Justice Administration- Mount Senario College in Ladysmith, WI
- Master's Degree, Management and Organizational Behavior- Silver Lake College in Manitowoc,WI
- Certified as a Public Manager (CPM) through the University of Wisconsin
- Graduate of F.B.I. National Academy, 208th Session
- Oversees $10.5 Million annual budget
- Supervises 125 Officers and 10 civilians
Contact the Chief at (319)291-4339 or