- The Internal Affairs Unit investigates complaints against employees of the Waterloo Police Department
- Complaints may be filed with the Internal Affairs Unit, any police supervisor or by mail or phone
- The Internal Affairs/Personnel Unit is a full time position staffed by a police lieutenant
- Internal affairs investigations result in one of four dispositions: Unfounded, Sustained, Not Sustained and Exonerated
- The Internal Affairs officer is also responsible for investigating the backgrounds of potential police department employees
To contact the Internal Affairs Unit email
or call 291-4340 and follow the prompts.