To contact the property / evidence unit email
or call 291-4340 and follow the voice prompts. The unit is available between the hours of 7 AM and 4:30 PM.
- Property / Evidence storage occupies 5,000 square feet of inside storage plus a 30 car garage and bike garage. Presently filled to 95% capacity
- Approximately 1,100 new items are received into Property/Evidence each month
- There are presently over 20,000 items stored in the Property/Evidence unit
- The unit disposes of unclaimed items (except drugs and guns) at local public auctions, held biannually
- Unclaimed drugs and guns are destroyed in accordance with state law
- Property / Evidence unit acts as the Department “Quartermaster” by equipping officers and vehicles with equipment, uniforms and supplies
- Property / Evidence Unit helps ensure proper “chain of custody” is maintained for evidence used in court
- Property / Evidence Unit has begun plans to modernize operations with new bar-coding system similar to supermarket checkouts
- 2003 State Audit lauded the unit as being one of the best in the state.